Monday, August 4, 2008

Iced tea, the old and best way


Growing up I spent many an hour next to, and occasionally in, The Pool. Possibly the best part of this dangerous-to-my-skin habit was the iced tea served at the snack bar. It was called Bartel's Special, I think. Delicious, and screams summer-by-the-pool. The ingredients are:

  • 2-3 sprigs of mint, crushed
  • 2/3 cup orange juice
  • 1 1/3 cup black tea, sweetened
  • big squeeze of lemon
  • lotsa ice
Put the mint in the glass first, then the orange juice, then tea, then ice. The proportions of orange juice and tea are flexible - adjust to taste!

1 comments:

cancersucks said...

I'll have to try your recipe. Well- it's not just ME and Lance...but if you raise $5000 you get to go to a special dinner at the Constiution Center with Lance. I also get to bring 2 guests. I can't wait! Thanks for the kind words.