Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You are never going to believe this.

Today, while getting chemo, I got trash-talked for being on strike. A man, easedropping on a conversation I was having with the nurse, yelled at me for having the nerve to ask for a 14.5% raise (we aren't) and that I am personally committing "education blackmail." He had his facts wrong and no empathy for the fact teachers are so low-paid to start with.

But, getting yelled at while the nurse is trying MULTIPLE times to get the IV in - this was really too much.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh god--that is awful! I'm so sorry you had to endure that.

I hope your strike resolves itself soon. It's too bad strikes have to happen, but then it's too bad valuable workers like teachers and nurses have to resort to strikes to receive fair compensation.